Work Camper Couple Program
Kiva RV Park and Horse Motel has a Work Camper Couple program that compensates work campers in exchange for RV park and office duties.
Some office duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Basic data entry into campground master computer program
- Email correspondences with registrants, replying to questions, and confirmation of email reservations
- Phone; Answer and call backs, complete registration of customers, and answering questions about Kiva RV Park and Horse Motel
- Cash handling include; giving correct change, reconciling day’s receipts
- Frequently use a printer, copier, laminator, paper cutter, etc.
- Make coffee, putting out morning snacks and keeping the food/ beverage area tidy, stocking ice, and coolers, merchandise as needed
- Cleaning may include but not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping and dusting laundry room, clubhouse, and office
- Bathrooms/toilets/showers, maintaining and restocking soaps, deodorizers, and paper products as needed
- Cleaning windows and wiping down the 2 picnic tables on the porch
Outdoor duties may include (but not limited to):
- Sweeping front porch, power wash exterior building and porch, and wash windows with squeegee
- Grounds work including pulling weeds, raking, trimming branches, picking up trash, butts, and doggy-doo
- Routine pond maintenance including feeding fish, cleaning filters, removing debris, maintain appropriate water level in pond
- Sprinkler system maintenance including switching drip systems on the island rows, checking drip systems for leaks or breaks, setting timers, following a watering schedule etc.
- Operating the park tractor will be useful for various jobs around the property.
- Horse Motel duties may include; cleaning stables, pens and horse corrals, directing horse arrivals to their assigned pens/stalls.
- Camper duties may include; outstanding customer service, directing campers to their assigned site, basic assistance if needed.
Mostly it's maintaining a neat appearance of the park and the residents' site islands.
Keep in mind that we are continuously looking for ways to improve our park and make our guests experience great! Therefore, there may be other projects you may be asked to help with throughout the park.
Compensation includes a nicely landscaped site, furnished full hook-up 30/50 amp electric service, free use of the laundry and free WiFi.
You will work 2 days on. You will have 5 days off to explore (or 4 short days).
Local area attractions to explore and enjoy include:
- Old Missions
- Old Towne Albuquerque
- Nearby train for travel to Albuquerque or Santa Fe, casinos, etc.
- Three wildlife & birding refuges in the area
- Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in October
- Ghost towns and old west history surrounding the park
To Apply or for More Information
To apply or to request more information about our Work Camper Couple program, please submit the form below: